Re: RE: How to manage External Storage?

To: Clint Byrum <cbyrum@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RE: How to manage External Storage?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:33:31 +0100
On 2000-11-08T17:24:28,
   Clint Byrum <cbyrum@xxxxxxx> said:

Just a comment in addition to what I wrote before.

> This is why we have such things as drbd, and in the (near?) future, GFS.

drbd doesn't solve the problem of two nodes accessing the same device, it
merely replicates a device over the network - but only in an active/standby
configuration. It does have some features to make this more reliable and adapt
it to various network topologies (from WAN to LAN) at different data integrity
guarantees, but it will not allow both nodes to mount the filesystem at the
same time.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl