Re: Can M$ Win 2000 be a Real Server ?

To: 2598 [·š³Ó¶¯] <2598@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can M$ Win 2000 be a Real Server ?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:15:36 +0100
Hi

> 2598 [ר³ÂÓÖ¯] wrote:
>
> How configure the M$ Win 2000 as Real Server ?

>From the LVS-Howto:

Here's Wensong's recipe for setting up the lo device on a NT real-server.

 If you don't have MS Lookback Adapter Driver installed on
 your NT boxes, enter Network Control Panel, click the
 Adapter section, click to add a new adapter, select the
 MS Loopback Adapter. Your NT cdrom is needed here.

 Then add your VIP (Virtual IP) address on the MS Loopback
 Adapter, do not enter a gateway address on the Loopback
 Adapter. Since the netmask 255.255.255.255 is considered
 invalid in M$ NT, you just accept the default netmask,
 then enter MS-DOS prompt, remove the extra routing entry.
 route delete <VIP's network> <VIP's netmask>

 This will make the packets destined for this network will
 go through the other network interface, not this MS Loopback
 interface.

 As I remember, setting its netmask to 255.0.0.0 also works.

 [ ratz note: Setting the netmask to the netmask of the real
   interface works like a charm. If unsure: 255.255.255.240.
   I have no idea about Windows 2000 but rumours go around
   that it's a NT-like system, so I reckon you should be fine
   with this description. ]

HTH,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--