Re: Cluster gui monitor

To: Alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cluster gui monitor
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:59:49 +0100
Hi Alex,

Alex wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a small LVS cluster of 9 Linux servers. I took a look at this
> monitoring tool and found > it very interesting. I also noted that there are
> other cluster management tools around.

What and how do you want to manage your cluster? What services should be
running?
Depending on you needs you may choose from self-made scripts over the already
mentioned tools to quite difficult and big management tools like:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/failsafe/

However, just make sure you know the difference between lvs and clustering like
it is done in the beowulf projects.

> Just wanted to get an idea if any particular one is recommended.
>
> What we are looking for is monitoring of the cluster machines, not control of
> the LVS. For       > control of the LVS we are working on a simple Perl
> curses program that does this. (We will be    > sending it in about a week to
> LVS for those who want to try it out.)

Cool, yet another simple perl script. I'm looking forward to the day we will
merge
all over nice userspace tools into one big cool application that fits everyones
need. Don't get me wrong on this: IMHO, it's actually the best way to get
familiar
with the lvs concepts.

> Any opinions or recommendations are very welcome.

Here you are ;)

> Many thanks,
> Alex

Best regards,