Re: LVS-NAT

To: Robert Carroll <RCarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT
Cc: "''Lvs-Users (E-mail)'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:40:56 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Robert Carroll wrote:

> Stupid question maybe.. using lvs_nat.. does the director have to be on two
> different network segments, or can it be the same?

        Can be on same but you need to add the following commands in
the director:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects

        By default the dumb nat handles the situations with NAT on
one physical network but the NAT configured with ipchains -j MASQ does
not. The above commands fix it.

> for example
>     director IP: 192.168.168.126
>     VIP: 192.168.168.200
>     real1: 192.168.168.121
>     real2: 192.168.168.125

        The above setup is not correct. You need min two different
logical networks on the physical segment:

director IP: 192.168.168.126, 192.168.0.126
VIP: 192.168.168.200
real1: 192.168.0.121, 192.168.168.121
real2: 192.168.0.125, 192.168.168.125

192.168.168:    external
192.168.0:      internal, masqueraded

ipchains -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ

> I know this may look dumb.. but just wonder if it would work?
>
> Questionable,
> Robert Carroll

Regards

--