problem/feature query in ip_vs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problem/feature query in ip_vs
From: "John P . Looney" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:31:31 +0000
 Hi - I was wondering if it's possible to make failover more seemless. At
the moment, I have mon setup, polling services every few seconds.

 However, if a service goes down, and incoming new connections for a few
seconds get a "connection refused", until mon can change the ip_vs tables
with ipvsadm.

 Is there a reason that no one has put some login in the kernel to "try
open the connection, if it's there, then let it through, otherwise go onto
the next one", like Cisco Local Directors do ?

Kate

--
 When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "