Re: SV: Introduction and LVS/DR 2.4 realserver questions

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SV: Introduction and LVS/DR 2.4 realserver questions
From: Michael E Brown <michael_e_brown@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:04:47 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Johan Isacsson wrote:

> One thing we've been thinking about is to serve static images from separate
> webservers running boa or some other small and efficent webserver. The
> problem with it is that it would make life complicated for the designers and
> webmasters unless there was a way of doing it behind the scenes.
> One scenario could be that the load balancer would look at the requests and
> direct all /images/* to the static virtual server. I know that some
> loadbalancers can do that, how about LVS?

Sounds like a job for TUX. People on the tux mailing list can probably
help you in designing system. You probably want to go the route of
changing all of your /images/* to point to a separate images server
running tux.

Check out
http://people.redhat.com/~mingo/TUX-patches/
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/tux/tux-2.0/
http://www.redhat.com/products/software/ecommerce/tux/

The TUX Mailing List
Those interested in TUX usage or development are welcome, if they have not
already done so, to join the TUX mailing list at:
tux-list@xxxxxxxxxx

You can subscribe using the command:
echo subscribe | mail tux-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx

Or you can use the web interface at: