Re: modify the inActConn timeout Setting ...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: modify the inActConn timeout Setting ...
Cc: Hendrik Thiel <thiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ja@xxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:22:16 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         Hello,
>
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Hendrik Thiel wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > we are using a lvs in NAT Mode and everything works fine ...
> > Probably, the only Problem seems to be the huge number of  (idle)
> > Connection Entries.
> >
> > ipvsadm shows a lot of inActConn (more than 10000 entries per
> > Realserver)  entries.
> > ipchains -M -L -n shows that these connections last 2 minutes.
> > Is it possible to reduce the time to keep the Masquerading Table
> > small? e.g. 10 seconds ...

Henrik,

        I'm trying to reproduce this problem here. I don't have a client
than can produce this many inActConn. Using Julian's testlvs I can only
get about 500. I Henrik has a production LVS with many clients
from outside.

Any better client I can try?

You are just looking with ipvsadm and ipchains on the director? (just
so I can reproduce what you are doing)

Julian,

        How do you do ipchains -M -L with iptables?