Re: Spurious trailing whitespace in ipvsadm -Lc

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spurious trailing whitespace in ipvsadm -Lc
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, andreas.koenig@xxxxxxxx
From: andreas.koenig@xxxxxxxx (Andreas J. Koenig)
Date: 17 May 2001 16:43:43 +0200

  > "Andreas J. Koenig" wrote:
 >>
 >> Am I the only one who would be pleased to see the output of ipvsadm to
 >> be more terse?

  > It's more important to me to be machine readable (eg awk, cut etc) and that
  > there is always a '0' or '-' for irrelevant or missing data
  > etc.

Sorry, I probably didn't express myself accurate enough. I'll retry.

Currently the output of ipvsadm -Lc produces more whitespace than
needed, especially *trailing* whitespace. I'd like to cut down on
whitespace because it makes the lines longer than necessary (and they
tend to wrap around).

As of your request, I haven't yet seen output from ipvsadm that
produced whitespace for missing data. (Funny though, I did look into
the source because I was *afraid* that ipvsadm would do that. It
doesn't, at least in this specific case.) If you are aware of places
where ipvsadm produces whitespace for missing data, please let us
know, I would certainly agree that this must be avoided.

--
andreas