RE: problem with access_log & nfs on LVS setup

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: problem with access_log & nfs on LVS setup
From: "Webstream Technical Support" <mmusgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:02:14 -0400
Yes but each apache server is writing to its OWN SEPERATE ACCESS LOG FILE,
its just that they happen to be in the same shared directory. How would
httpd daemon on server A know to LOCK the access log from server B. Get my
point? Unless you are speaking of NFS locking the file for some reason. I
would think this would be fairly simple.
Server A (NFS Server) exports a /logs directory.
Server A's httpd daemon saves access1.log to that /logs directory.
Server B (NFS client) mounts the exported /logs directory.
Server B's httpd daemon saves access2.log to the /logs directory.
Problem is, when Server B serves out web pages, access2.log (Server B's
accesslog file, different from Server A's accesslog file) logs data for a
second then all of a sudden the file size drops to 0 and its empty.
Why?