Re: ldirectord/fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord/fwmarks
Cc: "Rief, Jacob" <Jacob.Rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:56:28 -0400
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:04:10PM +0200, Oktay Akbal wrote:

> Hello !
>
> As I found in the Archives using ldirectord with fwmarks
> for persistent linked services (e.g. http and https) works, when
> using a dummy port for real-servers (e.g. 80).
> Shouldn't this be corrected to reflect the examples
> in the Howto where port 0 is used or port is omitted
> completly ? I think this is a bit confusing as it does
> not seems to be documented in the current ldirectord, but I might
> have overlooked it.

This is a sligt ommision, though as the port will be ignored
for a fwmark service it shouldn't make any difference to the
behaviour of the system.

> As a quick workaround I changed the getservbyname only
> to be executed if port!=0, but omitting the Port complety
> should by done too.

I have attached a patch that I believe resolves this problem
in a more thorough manner. I will commit it to the CVS tree
if there are no complaints.

--
Horms