Re: Problems with LVS-DR, one director, one realserver...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with LVS-DR, one director, one realserver...
From: Christian Joelly <christian.joelly@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:39:54 +0100
Hello!

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 04:11:54PM -0500, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Christian Joelly wrote:
>
> > kernel 2.4.10 with the lvs patch v0.9.6, no hidden patch
>
> you need to handle the arp problem on the realservers or it won't work.

yes, i tried to patch the kernel with the hidden patch from
http://www.linux-vs.org/~julian/ which is reported to work with kernels
2.4.5 - 2.4.14 but i got the following output:

edvlvsn1:/usr/src/linux# patch -p1 < ../hidden-2.4.4-1.diff
patching file include/linux/inetdevice.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 44.
include/linux/inetdevice.h.rej
patching file include/linux/sysctl.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 324.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
include/linux/sysctl.h.rej
patching file net/ipv4/arp.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 782.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/arp.c.rej
patching file net/ipv4/devinet.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1059 with fuzz 2.
patching file Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt
patching file Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt

then i put the VIP on the realserver on eth1:0, which is not connected
to the RIP network. only the eth0 is connected to the RIP network on the
realserver and the director. the eth1 devices are connected using a
seperate segment and a seperate hub together.

> have you tried the setup in the mini-HOWTO

no, i dont have. i have installed the lvs debian package, but i cannot find
the configure.pl script as mentioned in the mini-howto. so i startet
with setting up my own config using the tarball () from the lvs site,
which is almost the setup i need in my production environment.
i thought it is easier to test the lvs woth my other services like ldap,
mysql and squid...

Chris

--
KNAPP Logistics Automation  http://www.knapp.com
Ing. Christian Jölly        Tel/FAX: (++43) 316 / 495 1926 / 495 394