Re: LVS-DR, arp problem...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-DR, arp problem...
From: Christian Joelly <christian.joelly@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:28:26 +0100
Hello!

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:12:15PM -0500, Joseph Mack wrote:
> the 2 NIC realserver seems to be setup correctly. I haven't done it this way
> for years, so I may have forgotten all the pitfalls. Maybe you could try it
> with
> 1 NIC on the realservers first.

now i have setup the realserver with 1 NIC and also the director with 1 NIC.
the machines client, director and realserver are all on the same
network. i see the active connection now with ipvsadm on the director
and the client get the response from the apache on the realserver (which
is bound to the VIP).

i think the setup is working now ;-) but i switched back to kernel
2.2.19 and the patch ipvs-1.0.8-2.2.19.

so, what are the further steps with 2 NICs on director and the
realserver?

(restored the second NIC on director and realserver...)
i have setup netfilter on the realserver and ipchains on the director so
that i can create rules for logging purposes. if i ping the realserver
from the director, i get icmp replys and the chains counts the packages.
but if i make a request on my virtual service, i cannot see any packages
counted by the chains. my conclusion to this is, that the director
doesnt retransmit the packages on the device eth1, which is connected to
the private real server network. but i can see some data using
tcpdump... the mac and ip addresses on this data i see should be
right i think...

what else can be wrong with the director?

Chris

--
KNAPP Logistics Automation  http://www.knapp.com
Ing. Christian Jölly        Tel/FAX: (++43) 316 / 495 1926 / 495 394