Re: VRRP and the kernel

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VRRP and the kernel
From: Kyle Sparger <ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:35:02 -0500 (EST)
> hmm... bonding driver permit setting up a MAC address for a specific
> bonding interface ? this bonding interface reply with this setted MAC ?

Actually, I was referring to how the bonding driver is a virtual device
that binds to multiple physical devices.  It's been a long time since I've
played with it, but I think what it does is set the underlying driver's
MAC address, rather than allow multiple MAC addresses...

You'll probably need the patch that enables multiple MAC addresses per
interface in any case, but I'm figuring that rather than just having a
patch that addresses only the needs of VRRPd, maybe have a patch that can
be used in many instances, so perhaps it's permenantly merged into the
kernel.

Thanks,

Kyle Sparger
ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.dialtone.com