[Keepalived] Release 0.4.9

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Keepalived] Release 0.4.9
Cc: jan@xxxxxxxxxx, keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Alexandre CASSEN" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:47:02 +0100
Hi all,

I have just published the new keepalived release 0.4.9 on keepalived
homepage. The major enhancements are the whole rewrite of the HTTP_GET code
to use full asynchronous stream handling & a new checker SSL_GET.

download :
http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/software/keepalived-0.4.9.tar.gz

=> To compile need OpenSSL & libpopt

Special thanks goes to Jan Holmberg for his nice toughts.

ChangeLog :
2001-12-10  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * keepalived-0.4.9 released.
        * Jan Holmberg, <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> added a memory managment
framework.
          In debug mode it is used as a memory leak buster. We can so use
it
          to debug quickly memory leaks (buffer overrun, allocation errors,
...).
        * Jan Holmberg and I added support to SSL. Checker SSL_GET. Can be
used
          with autogenerated cert or with specific cafile, certfile,
keyfile.
        * Use the OpenSSL, <www.openssl.org> library for MD5 & SSL
functions.
        * Jan Holmberg and I Rewrote the HTTP_GET code to use full
asynchronous
          stream handling. The code use a common part for HTTP/SSL stream
handling.
          Review the MD5 digest buffer computation, update MD5 over
received buffer.
        * Patched some memory leaks in smtp handling.
        * Jan Holmbarg added support to LVS FWMARK.
        * Added command line option for keepalived. Used the libpopt
library.
          -h, -v, -n, -d, -l, -f.
        * Jan Holmberg and I added debugging facility on keepalived
console.
        * Added a BOOTSTRAP_DELAY of 1sec when registering checkers during
          daemon bootstrap.
        * VRRP : Jan Holmberg added possibility to run an extra script when
          VRRP Instance become or leave MASTER STATE (=> using a forked
process).
        * Review/fine the whole code to apply cosmetics patch.
        * Rewrote the genhash utility.
        * Started checkers API specs.
        * doc doc doc...

Any comments, points of view are welcome,

Best regards,
Alexandre Cassen