Re: Possible config distributed system? DR/TUN/NAT? LDAP?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Possible config distributed system? DR/TUN/NAT? LDAP?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:32:52 -0500
Michael Cunningham wrote:

> I am thinking about using 3 pair of Linux virtual servers in my company
> load balance 8 ldap servers throughout the USA.
>
> 4 ldap servers in NJ, 2 in FL, and 2 in CO

You have 3 sites, each of which is an LVS. If any site completely
fails, you would like another site to take over. If you want these
3 sites to just be failovers for the other sites, then you need a
HA layer above the 3 LVSs. If you want to regard each site as a single
machine which is either on-line or off-line, and you want to load
balance these 3 machines, then you need another layer of LVS to balance
the 3 sites. Alternately you could have 8 realservers balanced by a
director (and its backup) at one site.

> Can 1 LVS cluster deal with multiple types of routing simultaneously?

yes

> There are no ARP issues with tunnel or NAT correct? just DR.

none with VS-NAT