Re: Configuration for LVS-DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Configuration for LVS-DR
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:22:50 -0500
Victor wrote:

> $ ifconfig lo0:110 inet 10.0.0.110 netmask 255.255.255.255 -arp up
> $ ifconfig -a

Looks OK.
the script hasn't been tested on a sun box for a while. It may need some
tweaking.
The script should do this for you.

> lo0: flags=849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
>      inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
> lo0:110: flags=8c9<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
>      inet 10.0.0.110 netmask ffffffff
> hme0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>      inet 10.0.0.100 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255
>
> > > When I go to 10.0.0.110 from a client, it doesn't work.

have you configured the default gw for the realserver?

> the example as best I could (as I only have three boxes in this test). I
> enabled ip_forwarding on the director.

the script will handle this.

Director has no arp hiding (at least
> I didn't add anything, so if 2.4.12 has it or the IPVS patch had it, then it
> does. if not, then it doesn't). I don't think it is needed on a director,
> but I am posting just to make sure. Client can ping both server using DIP
> and RIP. Client can ping VIP (and hits Director).

OK

> director. Basically, I ran the output conf script produced from above input.

were there any errors?

> > run another set of commands with the info for that group on top
> > of the first set of commands

> Oh, so I would make a bunch of these rc.lvs_dr scripts for each pool?

look at CLEAR_IPVS_TABLES first