Re: Pre-packaged, ready-to-use?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Pre-packaged, ready-to-use?
From: "John P. Looney" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:32:56 +0100
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:13:34PM -0400, cmariotti mentioned:
> I have looked at RedHat's 6.2 Server and I would prefer to stay away
> from it since it is $$ and old.
>
> I have notice RedHat's Advanced Server, but again, unreleased and $$$.
>
> So my question is, doesn't anyone have a simple (ISO for example) that
> makes a Linux Load Balancer (LVS) that is cheap (or free)? And is
> actually not alpha?

 You would most likely be best off just rolling your own, if you want to
avoid spending money - a shrink wrapped LVS distro isn't something that
would have widespread appeal.

 Just get RedHat 7.2 or some such, install a minimal networking system,
and follow the LVS howto. It's not that hard. Honest :)

John

--
John Looney             Chief Scientist