Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:52:32 +0200
Hello,

What does hme1 vs. lo0:1 have to do with paranoia?

Question remains ;)

ifconfig <intfc> plumb
ifconfig <intfc> <VIP>
ifconfig <intfc> <VIP> <VIP>

                         ^^^^^

                Sure it can!  This is a pointtopoint setup
                And if it can't work then why is my setup working?

Ok, I stand corrected. I've read the solaris ifconfig man page now. I'm still a bit confused as to why you set up a p2p with srcIP==destIP==VIP or did I even misread the man page? And why do you need the two steps:

ifconfig <intfc> <VIP>
ifconfig <intfc> <VIP> <VIP>

ifconfig <intfc> netmask 255.255.255.255
ifconfig <intfc> up

s/up/-arp up/

        no need to, this is on a card that isn't connected to the network
        it wouldn't hurt, but it doesn't matter

Ok, I see. So why did you put <intfc> when you meant hme1? And besides that when I used to work with SUN hardware it wouldn't ship with more than one NIC. And buying a second NIC simply to be there for the VIP is bloody expensive. But I reckon if you can afford decent SUN hardware you might as well buy a second NIC.

        The LVS FAQs in the how-to docs.

Man, this was definitely not my best day. I'm sorry, you're right. Best regards,

Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc