Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:36:32 -0400 (EDT)
HI,

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Having a second card has one major benefit.  Failover.
> >
> > If the first card dies, I have keepalived watching waiting with a script.
>
> Oh, keepalived is already ported to Solaris?

        No, the keepalived notification (via procmail and some in house
scripts)  has been setup to initiate a script that runs on the serial
console on the Solaris machine.  At this time it's a bit of a weird work
around and seems to work, but is still in the testing stages.