Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:10:23 -0400 (EDT)
Having a second card has one major benefit.  Failover.

If the first card dies, I have keepalived watching waiting with a script.
In this case the second card gets reset to having the RIP on hme1 and VIP
on l1:1.  As well, we have seen lo:1 arp out somehow (really weird) on
hme0 which of course caused chaos at the routers and the directors.
That's where paranoia kicks in, and having the card for failover anyways
makes it an 'attractive' solution.  Note that no arps have occured on hme1
- VIP setup.

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx