Re: PATCH: synchronisation and active/inactive connection count

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PATCH: synchronisation and active/inactive connection count
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:29:58 +0200
> Thought this bug is non-fatal, and unlikely to occur I think that
> it is still worth applying a fix. I have attached a patch which
> should resolve this problem.

I've just experienced something quite similar with 1.0.2: after having both
directors to failover a few times (and having the sync daemon switch
accordingly from master to backup and vice-versa), I noticed I had 2 active
connections which actually didn't exist anymore.

Two active counters were showing one connection each, and waiting (even a
long time) without activity would not result in the connections becoming
inactive :(

I don't know if this is related to what Horms pinpointed, but truely believe
in the same conclusion, though I haven't been investigating.

Regards,

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France