Re: connection wierdness

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: connection wierdness
From: "Ben" <bench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:55:56 -0700
After a lot more research, I'm leaning towards blaming my problems on the 15
minute session timeout LVS seems to impose. This has been a problem for
people in the past, but unfortunately all the solutions seem to involve
changing the tcp timeout value via "ipchains -M -S x x x"..... and I'm using
netfilter, where ipchains doesn't work.

What's confusing me is that the default tcp timeout with netfilter is
supposed to be 2 hours, and yet "ipvsadm -lcn" shows sessions as having a 15
minute TTL. How do I increase that value? We're keeping tcp sessions open
for hours at a time, so 15 minutes isn't working well for us.