Re: connection wierdness

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: connection wierdness
From: Martijn Klingens <mklingens@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:30:43 +0200
On Friday 16 August 2002 00:55, Ben wrote:
> What's confusing me is that the default tcp timeout with netfilter is
> supposed to be 2 hours, and yet "ipvsadm -lcn" shows sessions as having a
> 15 minute TTL. How do I increase that value? We're keeping tcp sessions
> open for hours at a time, so 15 minutes isn't working well for us.

Use the 'persistent = N' option in the ldirectord config, or pass the
persistence timeout directly to ipvsadm.

The timeout is in seconds and defaults to 900, which is a good compromise for
most web sites that need it.

The only thing that I really don't understand is why clients also seem to hit
this timeout when the realserver they're connected to is removed from the
cluster due to downtime. In that case I'd more or less expect LVS to reassign
the client regardless of the timeout setting.

Or is that solved in more recent LVS versions? I'm still with 1.0.8 on a 2.2
kernel.
--
Martijn