Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR
From: Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:49:23 -0400
I posted this once before, but got no responses and I'm really at a loss.

I have an LVS configuration as follows:

<firewall/gateway>
        |           /\
        |            |
       V           |
<director>/|
        |         /  |
        |       /    |
       V    /      |
<zope1> <zope2>

before I run the rc.lvs_dr script on the realservers (zope1/2) I can reach
them through the firewall without problems.  Once I run the IPVS
configuration script, however, I cannot reach them through the gateway.
This is a major problem because I need to be able to use ZSyncher (an
XMLRPC stream) to send replication from our development server through the
firewall to those realservers.  I could, I suppose, in theory send it
through the virtual server but that would mean that I have to expose Zope
(port 8080) to the outside world, and right now Apache is my proxy/buffer
for Zope to the outside world.  As it stands right now I am forced to
create a chain of SSL tunnels to get to those machines.

Matt Gregory
Web Developer
CTI, Inc.
cell: 678-458-6513