Re: Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with routing from realservers using LVS_DR
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:01:46 -0400
Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> unfortunately, I still am unable to see internet servers or reach the zope
> servers after doing this...  Is there something simple I am just missing?

If you have the iproute2 tools installed, then these will be blocking
your access (if you don't have iproute2 tools, I don't know the problem).

On the realservers do

#ip rule show

This will show the tables RIP and VIP. These two tables have the
routes for packets from the RIP (which are routed to the DIP) and
routes for packets from the VIP (which are routed to the SGW).

To show these routes do

#ip route show table RIP

#ip route show table VIP

the configure script installs these routes if it finds `ip` on your
machine. To stop them being installed, rename ip to _ip, delete the
rules (or reboot the realservers), create a new rc.lvs from the same
conf file and reinstall the LVS.