Re: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing

To: Marc-Christian Petersen <m.c.p@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:02:08 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> so, after reading the whole evening yesterday and this morning I stop using
> LVS right now. I don't have the time to try things out which should work.

        Make sure you have installed the proper ipvsadm utility according
to the IPVS version. The broken ipvsadm output is an evidence for
wrong ipvsadm version used. The 2.2 and 2.4 kernels use its own version
numbering. If you play on same box both with 2.2 and 2.4 kernels
make sure each time to switch to the right ipvsadm utility according to
the kernel version. You claim you compiled ipvsadm 1.15 but is it
installed (ipvsadm -h)?

> Unfortunately I switch to BackHand project because LVS isn't able to do what I
> want. And yes, I've read the Howto's MORE than 3 times.
>
> ciao, Marc

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>