Re: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:49:02 -0400
Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

> Reading it or not (I did btw) ...

OK, it's not always obvious when a new person comes on the mailing list.

> why does it work with 2.4 and not with 2.2

the short answer is that just about everything is different with 2.2 and 2.4.

there's a mention of this in

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.4

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.2

> fw-rot:~# ipvsadm -a -t 10.0.0.200:80 -r 10.0.1.11:80 -w 50 -m
> setsockopt failed: File exists

as you can see, the error messages are quite obscure. I once thought of trying
to list them all out, but gave up, when I realised that I couldn't
think of all the things that would produce them. The easiest way
is to save the recipe that works and keep using it.

one of the ways of getting this message is to run that command twice
(I think)

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,