Max ActiveConn

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Max ActiveConn
From: "Michael McConnell" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:40:13 -0700
Hello all,

    Currently I am running an LVS-NAT model using a 2.2 kernel. This system performs load balancing for custom protocols which require persistent connections. Currently we see the following

    Approximately (+ or - 2000);
    10,000 ActiveConn  - 2,500 InActiveConn

I'm having a hard time understanding when i'm going to hit kernel window of sorts. I guess this question applies to both LVS and IPChains.
What can I do to increase these max values without rebuilding the kernel?
Will I improve the maximum values by using a 2.4 kernel?
Has Julian already made a patch for this? (-:

Thank so much,
Michael McConnell

Joe please forgive me if you already got this in the HOWTO, but I looked I swear. (it's just about time to add search abilities to the howto!!)