Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:06:57 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Joseph Mack wrote:

> fails for me too on 0.9.4/2.4.9 with ncftp using PASV, but works fine
> for the standard active mode command line ftp client.
>
> Julian,
>
> do you know if ip_vs_ftp works in PASV mode for 2.4.x kernels?

        It should work for NAT without persistence as long as the
ftp daemon is using the "227 Entering Passive Mode (" response.
This is how the ip_vs_ftp is working now, so far nobody proposed
alternative way to properly handle the response strings.
Some clients have "debug" command to display the raw FTP talks,
others display the responses without any debugging. Can you guys
check whether your real FTP servers reply with such response?
Or to check with tcpdump -x -s 2000 whether the message is
received in one packet. If the ftp module can not detect the
real server response then the data remains unchanged and by
this way the client is confused.

> Joe

Regards

--