Re: Reason for using LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Reason for using LVS
From: Leonard Soetedjo <Leonard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:25:58 +0800
Anyone?

Currently, I want to do a simple load balancing using round robin.  When a
director forwards packet to a realserver and the latter is down, then the
director should forward it to other realserver.  From reading the mailing
list and HOWTO, this is not doable in LVS-DR?  Then should I implement
everything in iptables only?  Would I be missing a lot of important (for a
HA) features of LVS?