Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm.turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:56:54 +0000
I've had a few funnies with this :

Sometimes ldirectord will terminate .. Is this due to un-handled signals ?

What is the best way to restart on failure ? I'm using an hourly cron job check to restart on failure
.. but could sub ld_handler_term be changed to auto restart ldirectord ?

Also if it does terminate why would you want to tear down the IPVS table ?
I've remarked out the whole of ld_stop to do this, maybee it should be a config option ?

Slightly harder to track down but sometimes the ldirectord daemon is still running but seems to stop responding to changes to the ldirectord.cf file ? I'm still working on whether it is checking the servers or not at this stage.. I'm restarting it with a daily cron job to get round this .. anyone else had similar problems ?

Heartbeat.. probably another mailing list for this but just in case .. sometimes this dies on both the slave and the master server whats the best way of doing an auto restart ? and has any one else had trouble ?

IPVS has been solid as a rock however... :-)

Regards,
Malcolm.