Re: Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on Ldirectord...and heartbeat
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:49:58 +0100
Hi,

as far as i can see though, keepalived is not a time proven platform for
failover management, i had problems with it, and problems are still reported
from time to time to keepalived list. i prefer using keepalived for real
server checks to using ldirectord, because i am running minimum environment
on the director, so perl is not installed, and keepalived seems to do a fine
job there.

Hmm,... I not fully agree :)

What problems for VRRP ? time to time some users still make mistake with their VRRP config and I can not do anythings for that...

Critial problems in the mailing lists are all solved and integrated into my devel circle... So if it still bugs : reports, details, elaborate please...

regards,
Alexandre