RE: Sorry not quite a VS question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Sorry not quite a VS question
From: laurie.baker@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:05:09 -0000
Thanks for that Robeto,
>> Is anyone able to recommend a brand of Multi NIC (we need 3 in + 3 out)
for

Roberto wrote:
>Maybe I don't understand the term Multi NIC but I just assume for now that
Multi
>NIC is the same as what I refer to as Quadboard. So:

Sorry for my bad description, but yes "you hit the nail on the head".

>We're using Adaptec Quadboards (Adaptec ANA-62044, 64-bit PCI) and they
work
>like a charm. You can stick in 6 of those on a Intel Serverboard and have
24 NICs.

We have now ordered 2 x DLink DFE-580TX Quadboards ("cheap and cheerful" @
£113.00 each inc tax) and DLink assure us they will work as a pair.

>We're however testing the new Intel Quadboards that will officially be
available
>on Q1 2003. If they work well, we might switch because we have a special
>contract with Intel on other hardware too.

We read that the current Intel Quadboards have a bug in the driver that
prevent using 2 in the same machine? (I stress that this is Unofficial
information so please check with Intel before taking it as Gospel!).

Thanks again.
Laurie