RE: Sorry not quite a VS question

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Sorry not quite a VS question
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:36:12 -0800
Hi Ratz,

> > Are IRQ-sharing lockups a thing of the past?  It seems like
> manufacturer's
>
> IRQ sharing lockups should never happen. What system did you
> experience
> this on?

About when P3-600's were out.  I haven't tested this in a while.

> > always recommend "PCI 2.x IRQ sharing is better" but then
> when I try it I
> > always got kernel oops/blue screens.
>
> Send me some more information about that.

I remember the Asus P3B-F motherboard had this problem a lot.  Actually all
the boards in this era that I used had this problem, and guides like
anandtech & tomshardware advised to configure the BIOS to have each PCI slot
be a set IRQ.

Peter