RE: LVS Configuration

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS Configuration
From: "Rogers, Paul" <Paul.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:42:05 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Rogers, Paul
Sent: 09 December 2002 09:33
To: 'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Malcom

Many thanks for your reply.

>I'm not quite sure why you need 2 NICs ? or for that matter 2 VIPs ?

Me neither, I eventually took one of the NIC's out of the director, to simplify matters.

>I recomend you set up by hand so that you understand the commands...
>Personaly I dont use the scripts because Ldirectord sets everything up
>for me...
>I think Keepalived does as well ?

I'll have a llok at these, but intiallly I thought they would add another level of complexity to an already complex setup.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.