RE: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable
From: "Rogers, Paul" <Paul.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:44:53 -0000

Sébastien

The set up of the ip addresses on the realservers seems very strange. Can you confirm what the submask should be, based on the following.

All servers/clients on the network use a mask of 255.255.248.0 ie RIP1 = 10.80.18.44 with 255.255.248.0

Therefore should the mask for 10.80.18.203 on the lo:203 interface be 255.255.248.0 or 255.255.255.0?

How about the mask for 10.80.18.203 on the eth0:203 interface?

On the basis that there is no DNS, only the host files, what entries should be in the hosts tables on the director - VIP, DIP or both? Both RIP's?

How about the real servers?  VIP, DIP or both?

I tried pinging the real servers from another linux box and no reply, so it appears that the Windows clients can see them but not the linux boxes.  I suspect this is because the windows clients use WINS to resolve the names while the linux boxes can't.

I have run tcpdump as you suggested. How's the best way to get them to you. Copy and paste into the e mail or include them in the mail as files.  In either event shall I remove anything that doesn't mention either the director or the realservers?

Again, thanks for your time and effort.

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.