RE: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Problem with LVS DR - 10065 Host is unreachable
From: "Rogers, Paul" <Paul.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:13:00 -0000

Sébastien/Malcolm/Horms

>> Therefore should the mask for 10.80.18.203 on the lo:203 interface be
>> 255.255.248.0 or 255.255.255.0?

>255.255.255.255 ! Please note that it's 4 times 255, which is not your
>later proposition.

>No matter what alias you add on the loopback, it must always have this
>netmask.

That did it!!!Everything is working fine now.  Thank you all for all your help.

Have merry Xmas and a happy New Year.  I'm off now for two weeks holiday, so I guess I won't bother you until the new year.  Next step setting up something like keepalived.

Once again many thanks, for your time and patience.

Paul

PS Sébastien - I've posted this back to the list as I guess it is the last post on this subject.

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.