Re: DR/TUN LVS to Win2k Boxes

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DR/TUN LVS to Win2k Boxes
Cc: pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:47:13 -0500
Peter Mueller wrote:

> > I am new to the list and I was wondering If anybody has been
> > able tp get
> > DR/Tunneling to work from an LVS to Windows 2000 RealServers ...
>
> I'm positive that DR has been done, and if you can do DR then Tun is also
> possible but more complex.

LVS-Tun requires the realserver to decapsulate IPIP packets, which
(AFAIK) windows can't do. Linux has been able to do it since the 1.x
kernels. xxBSD has been able to do it for a while.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx