RE: masq problem

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: masq problem
From: Tim Cronin <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:10:19 -0600
Do you mean running lvs and iptables on the same box?

if so the attached script is what I use, my lvs setup is very simple:
it been running reliably in production for 6 months.

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  xx.xx.xx.xx:http wlc persistent 1200
  -> 192.168.1.25:http            Masq    1      0          2
TCP  xx.xx.xx.xx:http wlc persistent 1200
  -> 192.168.1.20:http            Masq    2      16         11
  -> 192.168.1.10:http            Masq    3      17         23

I use the attached script to setup ip tables. Note that the default config
generates copious logs. Also the IP addresses have been changed to protect
the innocent server :^D...

I had problems with the syn flag hence the section ignoring stuff going
to the vips.

the link at the top of the script:
http://www.sns.ias.edu/~jns/security/iptables/index.html
is a good starting point.