Re: masq problem

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: masq problem
From: "natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:10:33 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Malcolm Turnbull wrote:
> One of my clients got hacked and the only way they found out was because
> the hacker (possibly script kiddy) tried to flush the iptables rules,
> therfore breaking all of the NAT rules therefore taking down the web
> site...

Of course, their firewall should've been configured so untrusted hosts
(like their web server -- basically, any box that isn't the box that
people are expected to log in from) couldn't connect to the SSH port on
the firewall, or any other service, for that matter..

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   | Phone : (952)943-8700