Re: SV: Set hashtable size in ip_vs.h?

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SV: Set hashtable size in ip_vs.h?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:47:00 -0500
Horms wrote:

> Unless someone has recently indulged in some /proc handywork
> then the only way to change this is to recomile the kernel.
> Note that if you are running LVS as a module - which is usually
> advisable - then you only need to recompile the module.

Hmm, I'd assumed that for every module you'd need to compile
the kernel to either look for the code in a module, elsewhere in the kernel
or else to know that there was no such code. So I've recompiled
kernels when I changed from module/kernel etc.

I take it that I'm wrong here?

--
Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,