LVS and Different Class C's

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS and Different Class C's
From: "AJ Lemke" <aj.lemke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:00:06 -0600
Hello all.

Can the LVS-DR direct traffic across class C's?

Here is the scenario, I have 2 director boxes and they direct traffic to my squid boxes.  The squid boxes are in the acceleration mode.  The whole system works great.  The problem I have is that a client wants to have his website cached out.  That is all well and good his site is cached out just fine, but he has some ssl stuff that won't cache.  We have this in mind.  His site resolves to  VIP xxx.xxx.191.5.  We would just send the http:80 traffic to xxx.xxx.191.200, this is the cache server and the https:443 to xxx.xxx.190.60, is is the actual IIS server that the site resides on.

Is this a doable solution or do you have a better solution? I am all ears.

If you need more information let me know.

AJ Lemke