Re: Changing weight based on actual system load?

Subject: Re: Changing weight based on actual system load?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:50:20 -0500
Bruno Bonfils wrote:

> No, even if you'are indentical box, customers can read differents
> page. Some of them may heavy php/sql which implies a higher load
> average than a simple static html file. (in the case of http load
> balancing..)

I would have thought with a large enough number of clients that it would
all average out, but from what people are saying, this is not the case.

> Well, I think it should be interesting to devel a small application
> running on real server which send the load average on the box to the
> real server which adapt the weight automatically.

You don't have to do it all from scratch. see procstatd

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.performance.html#output_gui

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx