Re: Persistant Connections

Subject: Re: Persistant Connections
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm.Turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:47:45 +0000
Alex Short wrote:
Just trying to think out a way to accomplish this.  My issues is primarly
wilth persistant connections.

Setup is LB WEB1 and WEB2 all on same hub using DR and RR.

What i'd like to accomplish is to at some point tell web1 to stop accepting
new connections, then when all the connection have died move to a maint
page, then tell web2 to stop accepting new connections, then when all the
connections have died move to a maint page.  Any idea how to accomplish
this?

Perhaps weighted load balancing and changing the wait when you want no more
new connections?

Alex

I'm not sure I understand why would you want a holding page when web 1 is down but web2 is still up ?

Surely you want the holding page when both servers are down ?
i.e. what ldirectord does ?

--

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.