Re: Should the Virtual IP shutdown when all real servers are dead?

Subject: Re: Should the Virtual IP shutdown when all real servers are dead?
From: "Johnson L. Wu" <jwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:29:48 -0800
Sorry to have made it confusing.

My original intent is that I can put

LVS-A(MASTER) -->  real servers R1 and R2
LVS-B(BACKUP) -->  real servers  R3 and R4

If by any chance the connectivity between LVS A and R1 R2 dies,
but LVS-A can still talk to LVS-B, LVS-A will simply send an email
and not fail the V IP.
When this occurs, the admin will get an email but what really should happen
is that LVS-A should pass the V IP to LVS-B and have it become the master.

Thanks,

-Johnson