hardware for web server project

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: hardware for web server project
From: André LY <luanleehao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:01:23 +0100 (CET)

Hello i'm newbie !

I have some hardware question for LVS, if i want to have a web server 7x24 which can handle 10 000 concurrent user max, how many realserver i need to have ? how many t1 line i need ? the web site will content flash application, dynamique pages, forum,....
I don't know but if i use 50 realservers, how about to connect them with some netgear gigabit swich ?
to connect realserver to the database server, i will use ethernet 100.
for database server, i want to use cluster manager from redhat AS with 2 bi processors serveurs connect to a scsi shared storage. anyone use this similar solution ? how about firewire-ide (search best cost/performance and reliability) ?
some idea for a low cost redundant power for all of this machine ?

sorry i'm a newbie and i'm interesting for all suggestion and recommendation.