Multiple clusters: second setup overwrites first

To: LVS Users List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Multiple clusters: second setup overwrites first
From: Alan Murrell <silkbc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:03:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

Now that I got the first cluster working using LVS-DR,
I am trying to setup my second cluster.  I have a
script that first sets up the first cluster, with all
the forwardings, then sets up the next one.  However,
when I run 'ipvsadm', all I see is the forwarding
setup for the second cluster that got setup; the first
one does not exist!

Just to be sure, in my script, I commented out the
part that setup the second cluster, and re-ran it.  My
first cluster got setup perfectly.

Now I am not sure if this makes a difference or not,
but while the VIP's and RIP's are different in each of
the two clusters, the services being forwarded are the
same (http, https, ftp), but I did test this with
attempting to forward different services withing the
second cluster, and it is still the only one that
shows up in 'ipvsadm'.

I am not sure if this is supposed to be how it goes,
or if I have done something wrong.  The script I am
using is the same one as in the HOWTO (for
"configuring by hand"), except I added additional
sections for the additional clusters I am attempting
to setup.

TIA for your help and advice.

Alan