Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipvs 1.0.8

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipvs 1.0.8
From: Maxime Quinzin <maxime.quinzin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:32:32 +0200
Does it function with a kernel >= 2.4.20

Wensong Zhang wrote:

Hi,

I have accumulated some minor changes on ipvs 1.0.7, so I feel that it is
probably good to make a new release. Note that if you have already used
ipvs 1.0.7 in the production systems, you really don't have to upgrade to
the new version. Anyway, the ipvs 1.0.8 tar ball is available on the LVS
website. The ChangeLog is as follows:

IP Virtual Server Netfilter module - Version 1.0.8 - April 11, 2003

Changes:
        * Changed the overhead ratio of active/inactive connections from
        50 to 256 in the least-connection scheduler too.

        * Changed the overhead ratio of active/inactive connections from
        50 to 256 in the weighted least-connection scheduler, because
        there may be a large number of inactive connections under highly
        loaded sites and too small ratio number may lead to some load
        imbalance.

        * Tidy up the code in ip_vs_conn.c and ip_vs_core.c.

        * Changed to initiaize the sltimer_jiffies with the system jiffies
        in the IPVS slow timer code.

        * Added the description of --sort option in the ipvsadm command
        help, and tidy up the ipvsadm.c code a little bit.

        * Removed the unnecessary Docdir setting in the ipvsadm.spec.in.

As always, bugreports, fixes, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Wensong