UltraMonkey vs keepalived vs LVSM vs ??

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: UltraMonkey vs keepalived vs LVSM vs ??
From: Carl <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:25:51 -0400
It's nice having options, but...

Would people mind sharing their experiences using any of the above LVS
packages? They seem to provide the same basic thing, albeit in different and
interesting ways. What have people found to be the advantages/disadvantages
of each for different applications? I'll offer my own (limited) observations
to get things started, based on looking at the various Web sites and a lab
install of UltraMonkey. Please jump in and correct anything I might have
wrong here:

UltraMonkey (http://ultramonkey.org) has a nice set of tools and sample
configurations. Seems to work pretty well and was easy to set up. They use
heartbeat for HA and provide ldirectord for LVS stuff.

It looks like keepalived (http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/) dispenses with
heartbeat in favor of their own vrrp implementation. Real failover, right? No
backup serial connection that I can tell, but IPSEC for the advertisement
broadcasts (nice). One deamon does both LVS stuff and failover?

LVSM (http://lvsm.theory.org/) has a Web GUI, which the others don't. Uses
heartbeat and mon. Its LVS deamon is plvsd.

Anyone else?