Re: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)

Subject: Re: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:34:30 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Horms wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 11:42:14PM +0800, Wensong Zhang wrote:
> >
> > Horms, there is a documentation about the proc variables at
> > http://www.linux-vs.org/docs/sysctl.html. I think that ipvsadm manual page
> > is not the very right place for those proc variables.
>
> I disagree. I think that these values are essential to
> understanding how to run IPVS and ipvsadm correctly. Historically
> a lot of the sysctl values appear in the ipvsadm man page, I have
> merely made this complete.

Well, historically some description of sysctl values appear only as
NOTES in the ipvsadm man page. The ipvsadm man page is mostly about how to
use the ipvsadm utility. It's probably good to have other place to
describe the sysctl variables of IPVS, and the IPVS sysctl variables are
under change for different kernel versions.

Cheers,

Wensong